IAFE - Membership Types
Individuals and organizations can be a member of the IAFE in the following categories:
- Active Members (Fair, Show, Exhibition, or Exposition Members): Active membership shall consist of corporations, associations, societies, and departments of any national, state, province, county, or city government that operate an annual fair, show, exhibition, or exposition. Active members must have an annual celebration that incorporates agricultural exhibits, shows, or competition and at least two of the following activities: 1) youth programs, 2) commercial and/or education exhibits, 3) competition in the fine and/or home craft arts, and 4) a midway or entertainment area.
- Associate Members: Associate membership shall consist of: 1) for a one-year introductory period, fairs and expositions outside the United States and Canada that are not active members; 2) annually scheduled events such as rodeos, horse shows, livestock shows, community celebrations, trade shows, etc., that do not meet the active membership definition of a fair or exposition; 3) agricultural, horticultural, livestock, and other associations whose purposes include the furthering of agriculture, industry, and community life through fairs; and 4) corporations, organizations, or individuals who provide services, entertainment, exhibits, concessions, equipment, or supplies to the fair industry.
- Affiliate Membership: Individuals currently associated with a fair, show, exhibition or exposition once involved with a fair, show, exhibition or exposition, as a staff member, board member or volunteer, who wish to maintain an affiliation with the Association. Affiliate members will receive their own directory, Fairs & Expos magazine, mailings, and e-mails that pertain to their particular areas of interest, or desire to serve on a Education Committee.
- State and Provincial Associations: State and provincial associations of fairs, shows, exhibitions, and expositions duly organized within their respective state or province shall be members upon payment of dues as established by the IAFE Board of Directors.
- Student Membership: Student members shall be individuals who are enrolled as full time students (carrying 12 or more hours per semester or equivalent academic period) in an accredited college, university or trade school with an interest in fair, exhibition, exposition or show management. An individual may be a student member for a total of four years. Student members will not have the right to vote in membership meetings but may serve on Association committees. Student members must attach proof of student status with the membership application, e.g., a letter from Registrar’s Office, copy of Student identification, or a transcript.